Should I have an Orthopedic Surgeon Perform my Foot and Ankle Surgery?
Do I need an orthopedic surgeon for my foot and ankle surgery?

Many patients prefer to have an orthopedic surgeon do their foot and ankle surgery. All orthopedic surgeons must have four years of medical school and five years of orthopedic training, after which they must be certified by the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery.

In addition, orthopedic surgeons with sufficiently advanced surgery experience and who have published research about foot and ankle topics may join the American Orthopedic Foot and Ankle Society. Dr. DeGroot is a member of the American Orthopedic Foot and Ankle Society.

Choosing a surgeon is a personal choice, but knowing your surgeon has the most extensive training and experience available can give you the confidence and peace of mind you need.

Dr. DeGroot can also evaluate your knee, hip, and shoulder complaints, and see if they are caused by foot problems.
Should my orthopedic surgeon be board certified ?

Definitely. Dr. DeGroot is certified by the American Board of Orthopedic Surgeons. The ABOS also requires that each orthopedic surgeon be re-examined and re-certified every ten years. Your can be assured Dr. DeGroot has the up-to-date knowledge and techniques he will need to treat your foot and ankle problems.
Who will perform my surgery?

Dr. DeGroot performs all of his surgeries from start to finish.
What kind of anaesthesia will I need and who will be giving it to me?

We are have a superb staff of board certified anaesthesiologists, who handle every case in our operating rooms.